School
Cold. Again. This time someone asked me why I was wearing gloves in math class. Which reminds me, we're still doing relatively useless stuff in there. Moving on a little bit to "clock" math, which might just have some applications in the real world. I doubt, however, that five years from now I'm going to have this overwhelming need to solve a truth table. Still got a Windows Script Host assignment to do - it's due tomorrow.
The Range
Went shooting this weekend. My Beretta 92FS and my dad's high-end 1911. I shot 115gr Winchester Whitebox, 124gr (I think) Magtech, and 124gr (again, not sure) Hornady TAP. My 9mm worked without mechanical flaw, though I'm desperately lacking in the accuracy department. 4 months off will do that to you (life's what happens when you're busy making plans, ok?). I am confident in my abilities at hallway ranges however, which is, right now, all that matters in the handgun department. Ran some CCI Brass, UMC, and Federal Hydrashok through the 1911, all 230-235gr. Note:Even high-end guns do NOT like to have the slide babied. Pull it back and let it snap.
Default - One Thing Remains
I'm still of the opinion that this is a mediocre album, but I've come to really like a handful of songs. All Is Forgiven, It Only Hurts, The Way We Were, Count On Me, and The Memory Will Never Die are the good ones. And Chad Kroeger should've kept Count On Me.
National Ammo Day cometh...
November 19th. The idea is for each gun owner to buy at least a hundred rounds (preferably per weapon) on this one day. NAD came about because of Al Gore's presidential campaign statement that he was going to render guns useless by taxing ammo out of existence, so someone came up with this clever BUYcott to put as much ammo as possible in civilian hands. This year there's a twist, a challenge. The challenge is to buy as much ammo as possible (depending on your needs) at 3:30PM on Nov.19th at Walmart. Walmart tracks product sales in real time, and if even 2% of gun owners buy out one or two calibers at the same time on the same day at their store, it'll cause one heck of a weird blip, and this might make the news. I'm not that hopeful, but it's something kind of funny, like flash-mobbing. So, I'm in.
Other stuff
My friend (referred to in a previous post) left yesterday. Won't be back for probably a year. I can't even imagine where I'll be in a year. Nearly 3/4 of the way through college, for one. It was kind of awkward this time he was back, I wonder what it'll be like next time. I hope to keep in touch with him between now and then however.
As Desmond would say "See you in another life."
Which brings me to my next little point of discussion - Lost. Definitely the best tv show I've seen yet. Jack and Locke's first episodes of this season are some of the best ever. Jack in the jungle with Desmond is an incredible scene, really makes you wonder what happened in Jack's life. Didn't care much for last week's "Everybody Hates Hugo." I'v got to be the only person out there who doesn't much care for Charlie, Claire, and Hurley. It was a good episode for the Sawyer/Ana L. interaction though. I kinda wish they'd stop with the inside-the-hatch stuff - I miss the out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere dynamic of the first season.
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment