Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shooty Goodness

Twice now out to the range, this Thursday and last.

Last week I took a friend, Paul Nelson, Jim Doyle, and my built battle rifle. The battle rifle did a decent job at 50 yards (which is the only distance I'm shooting rifles at now). At 15 yards, my friend and Paul Nelson kept all the rounds on a sheet of printer paper, and I chewed the left center out of another sheet with the USPc9.

This week was just .22s and 12ga. Another friend chewed the center out of the target at 50 yards with the bolt action .22, while I kicked up a LOT of dust and made few holes with an ancient Marlin semi-auto.

A Browning Buckmark was our only pistol and once we figured out how the sights were regulated, we were shooting quarter sized groups at 15 yards.

Then we just went out and blasted with the 12ga.

Lots of fun. My friends are getting more and more serious about owning firearms too.

No comments: