Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shooty Goodness

Headed out to the range this morning with a friend, a 1911, and 2 battlerifles.

Shot the scoped battlerifle unsupported at 50 yards and scored nearly 100% rounds-on-target with a man-sized target. No one-hole groups, but I wouldn't want to be shot at by me. Friend loved the scope, actually did better with the gun than I did.

Next up was the the unscoped battlerifle, first supported, then unsupported. Did a darn good job with that too.

1911 had 3 malfunctions in 32 rounds. One failure to feed, 2 hammer drops on a live round. I'm gonna count the hammer drops as hard primers on the Wolf crap I shoot. And the failure to feed is a known defect of this gun that we once thought gone. Hopefully when I get my 1911 next week (fingers crossed) it'll be better.

Met a couple of college students at the range, got to exchanging tricks, tips, and info re: shooty things. I've now got a new friend on Facebook.

No comments: