Christmas time approacheth...
And it doesn't look like Christmas out. Or anytime near Christmas. Sure, the sky is the correct shade of dour gray, but it's 50 degrees out and all the snow melted. If the trend continues, we'll be wearing shorts to go get the tree next weekend, an activity that, thankfully, the manager gave me Saturday off for. The holiday shopping season started, and we (at the store) all survived the Black Weekend with a modicum of difficulty. Not horrible, but we're seriously lacking in numbers (the percentage of sales drivers offered by an employee that are accepted by the customer) and everyone's just digging the hole deeper. According to my calculations, I worked about 40 hours last week. Not bad for a part-timer.
Sig 220
Last time I checked, "my" discounted Sig 220 was still at the gun store. It's mocking me, I'm sure of it. It's purposefully not being sold in order to tempt me. LOL Maybe at the end of the Christmas season I'll buy myself a reward for making it through the Christmas workload and my first semester of college. But then I think not, it makes more sense to get the CX4 Storm, or the really nice 1911, since both are compatible with guns already in the house. When you make as much money as I do, and when guns cost as much as they do, you have to be at least 98% sure of your purchase. Part of me thinks I just want one because Neil McCauly used one in Heat. Perhaps I should stick with my rule of "Never buy anything used by a movie character you liked." That's what kept me from getting a USP9 back in July, I didn't know if I wanted one because I honestly liked the gun or because Vincent used one in Collateral. Now I wish I'd gotten it.
Math test today
Hopefully I didn't screw up as bad as I did last week. No way of knowing till next Monday though. The teacher gave us 18 points of extra credit problems and then skimped on the instructions, leaving us all to blunder along trying to figure it out. ...and don't even bother trying to ask questions...
No hesitation
A friend at work asked me if I could take 3 of her hours one day next week, making for an 11 hour day for me. I said yes, and looking back, I said it without any hesitation. I'm still trying to figure out why I did this, and it occurs to me, I'd do it for any of the people there. Hmm...perhaps I just always do everything I can to help my friends. I wonder, seriously, if that's a good thing. On the flip side, if I take these extra hours, I won't be able to go home until about 10PM because my parents will be at my brother's ball game.
Savatage
I'm looking into starting to listen to the band Savatage. Supposedly they're very much like Trans-Siberian Orchestra, a band which is near the top of my favorites list. But from what I've heard, Savatage doesn't appeal to me very much. At least I can download a few songs before I decide to buy the CD. Which reminds me, TSO's Christmas Eve Sarajevo (12/24) is on infinite repeat in my head. Good song. I look forward to seeing them in concert next month. I hear they put on a heck of a show.
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment