So here I am, 12 days after the new year. Busy as heck with a full-time job and school that's described as equal to a full-time job. Brief updates follow, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to be updating here. I gotta find some equilibrium between school and work before I can say "I'm going to write x essays and y posts a month."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got Miami Vice for Christmas. Love that movie. Not as good as Heat, or Collateral, but better than 95% of the movies I've seen in my life.
I'm buying up the DS9 box-sets. It's my treat to myself for when school kicks in in full swing and there's nothing much else to enjoy in my day.
That giddily happy post I made a couple months ago? "Time is luck." "Luck ran out." That's from Miami Vice, and uttered in almost the same context.
I put a collapsible stock on Nancy Pelosi, my Election Day Assault Rifle. Lovin' it. Thinking of getting another one and outfitting it with a folding stock. I think 3 assault rifles and a couple companion rifles (go find the meaning of that term), should be enough. Now I want to get a taste of shotgunning. And go shooting more. BTW, my dad's 1911 works flawlessly. Apparently the smiths at Gander Mtn aren't complete morons.
I watched Blood Diamond on New Years Eve. Decent movie. I like seeing USPs featured so prominently, and characters that chamber-check their guns when appropriate. Of course it was a bleeding-heart liberal ending, but what else is one to expect.
Also went bowling on NYE, and enjoyed it once I'd pulled myself out of my funk. After bowling, my brother got pulled over for pausing at a red light instead of stopping. It's his own fault, but I still don't like it.
I've got roughly half of my New Years resolutions taken care of already, but monetarily, I still have to account for about two thirds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thinking I'll start posting song lyrics here - songs that I like or that I have running through my head.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment