Saturday, January 12, 2008

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I saw one of their last '07 shows recently.

Much more relaxed than they usually do before Christmas. They'd break off in the middle of a Christmas song to let Clark and Pitrelli dual guitars, and the theatrics during Old City Bar were comical rather than dramatic. Far less professional, but they really looked like they were having a good time. That band enjoys what they do.

The second half of the show they just let loose. Started off with Proud Mary and detoured all over their discography.

I thought it was cool that they worked in some of their less-well-known songs into the Christmas half of the show. Siberian Sleigh Ride, Wish Liszt, a whole bunch of others that rarely get played. I do so wish they'd do a Christmas Attic concert.

Well worth the $75 per seat fee. Probably worth double that.

No comments: