Over my two day holiday from work, I've watched two good movies and one decent one. Decent movie being Shaun Of The Dead, and the good ones being The Proposition and Hannibal Rising.
SOTD wasn't funny enough to sustain its length, but a few good moments redeemed it from being just plain bad.
The Proposition was a long, bloody, depressing slog through the twilight shades of human nature. There was nothing good or enjoyable about it. It was worth watching only for the tortured performances of its actors and the fantastic scenery.
Hannibal Rising was enjoyable. It's still too new in my mind to comment much on it, but I will say this:I liked that when given a chance to walk away, to redeem himself, Hannibal chose to continue on his path of vengence. No happy Hollywood "Throw down your gun in disgust" ending here. Hannibal looked into the abyss, saw the monster, and did a swandive. I liked that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment