Friday, August 08, 2008

2 Records, 1 Day

Broke 2 running records today.

My usual running schedule is 8 mile jogs every other day, filling in the off days with 1.5-2 mile sprints. At the beginning of the summer, I ran 10 miles. A couple of times I've run 9's, but mostly it's 8, 1.5, 8, 1.5, etc.

I measure everything by the standard of running I set a few years ago: a 4.5 mile route. That's the absolute minimum I want to be able to run. The route also features quite a few hills, so it's a difficult run.

Today I did something I had jokingly set as a goal for the summer. I ran my 4.5 mile route twice.

Coming back, I knew I was going to run 10 miles minimum. I felt good enough to break that record once I hit the 10 mile mark, so I took an alternate route home. By my estimate I ran 11 miles today, minimum. Probably closer to 11.5 or 12.

I am dead tired.

No comments: