Looking into buying some bulk .45, so I had to buy a box of it and run it through all our .45 pistols. Of course I enlisted the help of a friend. Packed up Paul Nelson, my dad's Kimber, and my most recent acquisition, a nickel plated 1911 I'm tenatively calling The Winchester.
Due to rising costs of ammo, I'd forgotten how fun it is to go out and just shoot and shoot and shoot.
Each of the 1911's had a failure a piece. MecGar magazine wouldn't seat in the Kimber because of the magwell, and The Winchester had a hammer drop on a live round.
My friend and I were most accurate with the 1911s, and the Sig ran the best. No big surprise there.
As we were leaving, a grizzled old guy shows up with an M1 Garand and a Taurus 1911, with a small flashlight clamped below the barrel. It is clamped with SCOPE RINGS attached to the tac rail. Weird.
Anyhoo, we ooh and ah over the Garand, which he built (so he says) for $400. He let me take 2 shots with it, and my friend finished off the clip. I fired it with a bit of trepidation, I know how loud those things can be, I had to vacate a shooting bench because some guy next to me was doing timed drills with one.
First shot was seated, and I was surprised by the lack of recoil. Second shot was standing, and I was surprised by the weight.
Cool rifle. Once I finish building up my 1911 frame, I might just build a Garand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment