'cause I recognize you
It's a line from a crappy movie called "3000 Miles To Graceland" about a bunch of crooks who team up at an Elvis impersonator convention and steal some serious cash. Kein Costner utters the line when as he's shot up, holding a SAW, and staring in a mirror, waiting for the cops to come and kill him.
In the last week I lied to a man respect so that he would send me confidential information submitted by a friend who would neither expect nor want me to have it.
A few days later I got absolutely smashed just to see what it felt like. It felt like hell. Didn't think I'd ever do that honestly. Don't see a problem with it, I'm not some tea-totalling moralistic jerk, I just didn't think I'd do that.
Worst part of the two is, I don't care. I do no regret my actions not one bit.
I pulled myself up from sitting on the bathroom floor where I'd been shivering so hard I could barely stand, washed my mouth out, looked in the mirror and had a "You recognize me now?" moment.
It's 1:11 in the morning, I'm feeling philosophical, and probably shouldn't post this. But I will anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment